Saturday 27 June 2015

Sleek created the perfect dupe for ABH/Limecrime?


APOLOGIES FIRST (I Know I am a hopeless blogger, please be patient with me):
SO. Again I am late from my "regular posting" and nope, its not because I have uni *because I finished that aaaaaages ago* its just pure blogging a bit, then drafting and then forgetting its not been finished. AND I AM SORRY FOR THAT. I will now remember to blog a bit more often now, I will make it so that I will have at the LEAST MINIMUM (yes I said LEAST minimum) for one blog post per week.  So people will be full of me and will eventually get sick of me (haha). 

ANYWAYS TO THE TOPIC:
Here today I have reviews on the "dupes" of Lime crimes velvetine liquid lipsticks? With such little price to pay for a "higher end, more difficult to get product that will charge you continuously on Paypal even though you have paid through customs to ship from America - UK". 
So, Sleek is a drugstore brand that is found regularly in UK Drugstores (such like Superdrug). It is a cosmetic brand that is famous for their highly pigmented eyeshadow pallets and trio-pack blushes. But because of the fast growing popularity of the "liquid lipstick" trend, they have decided to jump on that band-wagon and produce a liquid matte-ifying lipstick that would dupe some very well known high end cosmetic brands such like Anastastia Beverly Hills or the Limecrime Velvetines. Sleek created two lines of liquid lipsticks which considered:
1. Gloss me (Liquid lipsticks with a sheer/satin finish)
2. Matte me (liquid lipsticks with a matte finish)

Because of the all-so-raved about MATTE ME liquid lipsticks being raved and hyped about ABSOLUTELY EVERYWHERE and with their cheap price point to offer of just £4.99 per tube! I mean what is there to complain about to just buy it and try it out for myself? 
So according to the hype the two most popular shades in the Sleek Matte Me range are:
(LEFT) BIRTHDAY SUIT - dupe for the Kylie Jenner Nude my lips but better
(RIGHT) "PETAL - dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Bambi" 

MY REVIEWS:
I had in mind that the product would be as good quality as the Anastasia/Limecrime range due to the amounts of bloggers raving about the "perfect dupe". First of all the packaging is not at all that bad, and even reminded me of a product you will find sitting around the high end brands of makeup - it has a glass tube with a matte screw top lid. Once opened you will find your applicator - the worst part of the product over all in my opinion. 
The applicator was like a dofer applicator BUT without the sponge and flexibility of the wand? (I know it sounds weird.. but it WAS weird). It was like a bit of hard plastic shaped like a dofer that picked up the product as it would and then you would manually have to move your hand (compared to letting the dofer take the shape of your lips). It did pick up plenty product though - don't get me wrong. Even with the tacky fake dofer applicator it amazed me how much it picked up! 
But once applied the product on your lips. It felt creamy, after letting the product oxidise it became matte (as described within the product's name) and then left a sticky, dry residue? I mean it did bother me, because my lips are far from being dry, they have been prepped and moisturised and even on a normal day-to-day basis my lips never crack or feel de-hydrated. So matte products have never been a issue for me, but THESE matte me's really sucked out the hydration from my lips and left a dry, crack-look upon my lips, giving them a stickiness when the product touches each other from upper to lower lip. 
It did disappoint me, I do not like lip products to leave me some sticky-after-feeling, making me constantly shut and open my mouth like some goldfish - due to the irritation of the product gluing my lips together! Even so the formula insinuating the cracks and line distinction within my lips (i mean who likes that?) I really did not like the product, and would rather pay for the higher-branded option with knowledge it does not do this to my lips!
 
 
(top two images) Sleek matte me - Birthday suit showing stickiness
(bottom two images) Sleek matte me - Petal showing no signs of stickiness


Don't get me wrong, for £4.99 PER TUBE, with high pigmentation and gorgeous packaging! I do recommend people trying this, but if you wanted something that does not dry out and leave a sticky residue, then I suggest you back-away from this and probably try the Rimmel Lip Lacquers! BUUUUUT. Overall I rate this 7/10 FOR: 
- good pigmentation
- gorgeous packaging
- price.

Well thank you for reading again! And hope you stay on to read more!
Much love,

kkaiy xxx.

1 comment:

  1. Skin Peels use naturally derived fruit acids to exfoliate the surface of the skin and united a number of skin concerns. By removing tame, dead cells from the skins surface, peels rudely pretentiousness in door pores, blemishes and comfortable lines.The combinations of swift ingredients in skin peels in birmingham allows you to lecture to your skin shakeup at the deepest improvement such as blemished or acne skin, to your liking lines, wrinkles, or even teetotal and dehydrated skin For example, salicylic discordant is utter for calming acne prone skin as it controls excessive oil production, un-blocks pores and reduces the bacterial inflammation.http://rejuven8skinclinic.co.uk/treatments/cosmedix-skin-peel/

    ReplyDelete