Wednesday 3 June 2015

GERARDS COSMETICS.. The controversial review.

CULT STORY AND HEADLINE:
So, the "current raved about" product of lipsticks and lipglosses! Recently Gerard Cosmetics (also known as Whitening lightning) was a brand that were aimed at dental care and achieving a white and sparkly smile. But due to their market expansion, they have entered into the makeup industry where they introduced lipsticks and lipglosses under the brand name change of Gerard Cosmetics (the name of the owner of Whitening Lighting)

These lipglosses and lipsticks were raved on as a "cult product" and were even reviewed by Youtube Beauty stars such like Jaclyn Hill (creating a lipstick called 1995) and Sophia Chang (creating a lipstick called Kimchi Doll). These youtube beauty stars were giving out near 100% positive reviews on the new product line Gerard Cosmetic had to offer - but the hidden story that none of us expected popped up out of no where.

A new "beauty scandal" appeared in which showed through social networking (On MannyMUA's Snapchat) of him recording Jennifer Gerard (CEO of Gerard Cosmetics) calling a customer of their's UGLY. This escalated quickly, enduring many youtubers to reveal the truth of their free sponsorships and reviews of the products Gerard Cosmetics have asked them to do. 

Gerard Cosmetics have sent out numerous products to many youtubers and asked them to only give POSITIVE reviews about the products, and if they do not like a product, for them to just not video it at all. This then escalated to the issue of fake reviews on the products, luring us the CUSTOMERS to fall for and pay a stupid amounts for a bullet of crayon-smelling lipstick that can also hold a allergic reaction towards our lips.

MY PURCHASE:
I of course wanted to try out this new "Cult product - must have" that has been raved about on the internet for many months, due to this i have purchased three of their lipsticks (due to the fact they were in my budget and I was not fond of the lipglosses due to the tacky "light up" packaging and sticky after-effect). The three shades I purchased were:

(left to right)
1. Butter cup
2. Kimchi Doll
3. Nude

Yes, you all may think "why did I go and purchase three of their products after they have been revealed to be a scam" ... well I only found out about the scam AFTER purchasing and seeing as I have already bought them I might as well give them a try right? -give my moneys worth?
So during this, I chose to buy these from beauty bay (so there is no need for custom charges and all that) and I did swatch all three lipsticks on the back of my hand. They felt creamy and they were defiantly pigmented with a STRONG SMELL of crayon-plastic-cheap product of a lipstick. I am the person who is not really bothered about the smell so it did not affect me that much anyways, but daring to try only ONE of the shades I chose to try buttercup, a beautiful pinky nude that comes off as "my lips but better" shade. I wore this for two hours and my lips started tingling and then after creating a lump on my top lip - generating a allergic reaction. In absolute HORROR i took the lipstick off and threw all three lipsticks away. 

I am disgusted with this, I have NEVER ever ever ever had any allergic reaction towards any kind of lipstick, not even drugstore MUA which is £1.00 a bullet. Where as here for Gerard Cosmetics i paid £11.50 FOR ONE BULLET which gave me a lump on my top lip and a horrible experience
afterwards.

For this, I am not following the "hate" group that is seen around youtube, but this is my honest experience in which I recommend EVERYONE NOT TO BUY ANY OF THEIR PRODUCTS. This is not to boycott their company as I do believe that expansion into a another industry is really well thought-through but for a makeup product to give you an allergic reaction? I am completely shocked for this! And DISGUSTED.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY LIP PRODUCTS FROM GERARDS COSMETICS. FROM MY EXPERIENCE I AM TERRIFIED AND WILL ONLY STICK TO PRODUCTS/COMPANIES I AM WELL KNOWLEDGED ABOUT. 

Be safe my girls,
& Thankyou for reading: kkaiy xxx.

LINKS OF INFORMATION:
1. Link to video proof that Gerard Cosmetic's CEO called a customer "UGLY"
2. Contract of Gerard Cosmetics "POSITIVE REVIEWS" only to sponsorships on their products
3. Video that Gerard Cosmetics "Mocked"

7 comments:

  1. I sent your articles links to all my contacts and they all adore it including me.orogold cosmetics reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cosmetics, also known as makeup or make-up, are care substances used to enhance the appearance or odor of the human body.www.coopersmiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered three of the hydra matte liquid lipsticks. They all look completely horrible on me (nothing like the swatches I saw online). My trouble is in trying to return them. No one will respond to my emails or answer my calls. Usually I would just box up items and mail them back but the site says you have to fill out a return form and get an RMA number before shipping them or you won't be refunded. Problem is there is no such form on their site (that I can find). That part alone seems like a scam to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That appears to be excellent however i am still not too sure that I like it. At any rate will look far more into it and decide personally! CBD Topicals

    ReplyDelete